This 3-day instructor-led course helps students to understand the background and integration of several key frameworks from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The course explains the background and application of NIST’s Cybersecurity Framework and Risk Management Framework (RMF), and their relationship to other NIST models such as those for Cybersecurity Workforce, Privacy Risk Management, Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM), and integration with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).
Using the Cybersecurity Framework’s proven components as a way to organize risk expectations, outcomes and communication, the course explains the interaction among mission objectives and priorities, risk management through the language of business, and application of those objectives for managing risk for business systems and services.
The course applies the principles described in the Cybersecurity Framework to treat cybersecurity risk management as an enterprise practice. It helps security teams understand how to manage risk in light of executives’ priorities, and it helps leaders apply the necessary privacy & security enablers to be prepared for an ever-evolving cybersecurity risk landscape. Note that although this course has been developed and will be delivered by an engineer that participated in numerous NIST projects, NIST itself does not deliver or endorse any formal courses about their risk management or cybersecurity initiatives.
What You'll Learn
- The Basics of Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Introduction to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Detailed Review of the Framework Core
- Organizational Assessment through the Framework Implementation Tiers
- Planning and Recording Organizational Outcomes through Framework Profiles
- The Cybersecurity Framework Seven Step Process
- Introduction to the NIST Risk Management Framework
- Integration of CSF and RMF with Other Key Frameworks
- Applying NIST Frameworks to Real-World Cybersecurity
- Course Number NISTv1.1
- Course Length 3 days
- Course Fee $2,395.00
- Delivery Format VLT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Business Analysis, Process and Requirements
- Vendor NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
Need a different date? This course is also offered on these dates
|Date||Course ID||Course Name||Duration||Delivery Format||Registration|
|07/24/2023||NISTv1.1||Aligning Cybersecurity and Risk Management Frameworks (CSF/RMF)||3 days||VLT||Register|
Register for course: NISTv1.1
"*" indicates required fields