This 5-day instructor-led course provides participants hands-on Java 11 training for developers who have little or no prior working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C, COBOL, and 4GL. Students will learn the best practices for writing great object-oriented programs in Java 11, using sound development techniques, new improved features for better performance and new capabilities for addressing rapid application development. Special emphasis is placed on object oriented concepts and best practices.
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in core OO coding and Java development skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Our engaging instructors and mentors are highly experienced practitioners who bring years of current "on-the-job" experience into every classroom.
This is a basic-level programming course designed for attendees with prior development experience in another language, such as COBOL, 4GL, Mainframe or other non-object oriented languages. This course is not geared for non-developers.
What You'll Learn
- Understand what OO programming is and what the advantages of OO are in today's world
- Work with objects, classes, and OO implementations
- Understand the basic concepts of OO such as encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
- Work with the Modular system (Project Jigsaw)
- Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations
- Process large amount of data using Lambda expressions and the Stream API
- Abstract, static and private methods in interfaces
- Take advantage of the Java tooling that is available with the programming environment being used in the class
- Java 11 features covered: Using the Local Variable Type in Lambda expressions; Updates made to the String API
- Course Number J11OO
- Course Length 5 days
- Course Fee $2,575.00
- Delivery Format VLT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Essentials/Fundamentals
Register for course: J11OO
"*" indicates required fields