The stakes for software security are very high, and yet many development teams deal with software security only after the code has been developed and the software is being prepared for delivery. As with any aspect of software quality, to ensure successful implementation, security and privacy issues should be managed throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
This 3-day instructor-led course presents an approach for dealing with security and privacy throughout the entire software development lifecycle. Participants will learn about vulnerabilities that undermine security, and how to identify and remediate them in your own projects. Students will also learn general strategies for dealing with security defects and misconfiguration, how to design software to deal with the human element in security and how to incorporate security into all phases of development. Note: this course is also designed for students who are seeking the CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder certification (CSC) exam (CSC-210).
This course is designed for software developers, testers, and architects who design and develop software in various programming languages and platforms, including desktop, web, cloud, and mobile, and who want to improve their ability to deliver software that is of high quality, particularly regarding security and privacy.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the need for security in software projects
- Eliminate vulnerabilities within software
- Use a Security by Design approach to design a secure architecture for software
- Implement common protections to protect users and data
- Apply various testing methods to find and correct security defects in software
- Maintain deployed software to ensure ongoing security
- Course Number CSC-210
- Course Length 3 days
- Course Fee $1,495.00
- Delivery Format VLT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Architecture and Design
- Vendor CertNexus
Register for course: CSC-210
"*" indicates required fields