In this 3-day instructor-led course participants will learn general strategies for planning, designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining an IoT system through various case studies and by assembling and configuring an IoT device to work in a sensor network. Learners will create an IoT device based on an ESP8266 microcontroller, implementing various common IoT features such as analog and digital sensors, a web-based interface, MQTT messaging and data encryption. Note: this course includes an exam voucher for the Certified Internet of Things Practitioner (CIoTP) exam (ITP-110).
This course is designed for IT professionals with baseline skills in computer hardware, software support, and development who want to learn how to design, develop, implement, operate and manage Internet of Things devices and related systems. It is for those interested in learning more about embedded systems, microcontroller programming, IoT security and the development life cycle for IoT projects. While students will gain hands-on experience assembling a prototype IoT device and using software development tools, these activities are closely guided, so previous experience in electronics assembly and programming are not required. This course prepares students for taking the CertNexus Certified Internet of Things (IoT) Practitioner (Exam ITP-110).
What You'll Learn
- Construct and program an IoT device
- Communicate with an IoT device using wired and wireless connections
- Process sensor input and control an actuator on an IoT device
- Manage security, privacy and safety risks on IoT projects
- Plan an IoT prototyping and development project
- Course Number CloTP
- Course Length 3 days
- Course Fee $2,075.00
- Delivery Format VLT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Certification
- Vendor CertNexus
- Technology Azure