Regardless of your computer experience, this 4-hr course will help learners become more aware of technology related risks and how to protect yourself and your organization from these risks. This course will help participants learn and understand:
- Security compliance needs and requirements
- Recognize and avoid phishing and other social engineering
- Recognize and avoid viruses, ransomware and other malware
- Help ensure data security on computers, mobile devices, networks, the Internet and in the cloud
In this course students will use discussions, case studies and the experiences of our instructor and fellow students to explore the hazards and pitfalls of technology and learn how to use that technology safely and securely. Note: this course prepares participants for and also includes an exam voucher for the CyberSAFE (exam CBS-410) credential. To ensure your success in this course, students should have experience with the basic use of conventional end-user technology including desktop, laptop or tablet computers, cell phones and basic Internet functions such as web browsing and email.
This course is designed for all users of computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet, to enable them to use technology more securely and minimize digital risks, regardless of technical ability. This course is also designed for learners to prepare for the CyberSAFE credential. Participants can obtain your CyberSAFE certificate by completing the CyberSAFE credential process on the CHOICE platform following the course presentation.
What You'll Learn
- Identify security compliance measures
- Address social engineering attempts
- Secure devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones and more
- Use the Internet securely
As digital technologies evolve, the need to quickly reskill and upskill employees will only intensify. OnDemand collections that can give your teams access to world-class training available anywhere, day or night, on one platform. Content can be sorted by topic, format, and length. Content ranges from 5-minute microlearning to multicomponent training videos where you can learn new subjects and skills and leverage them to prepare for certification exams.
- Course Number CBS-410
- Course Length
- Course Fee $25.00
- Delivery Format ODT (On-Demand; Access Subscription Training)
- Course Topic Certification
- Vendor CertNexus
- Technology Excel
Register for course: CBS-410
"*" indicates required fields