In this 4-day instructor-led course participants are empowered with the knowledge and skills required to successfully create and maintain the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. Students will learn the core Azure IoT services, such as IoT Hub, Device Provisioning Services, Azure Stream Analytics, Time Series Insights and much more. With a focus on Azure PaaS services, this course expands into IoT Edge, device management, monitoring and troubleshooting, security concerns and Azure IoT Central. Note: it is recommended that participants have taken AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals or equivalent knowledge. Additionally, the following experience would be recommended:
- software development experience, but no specific software language is required and the experience does not need to be at a professional level.
- data processing experience and a general understanding of data storage and data processing is a recommended but not required.
- cloud solution awareness with a basic understanding of PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS implementations.
IoT Developer is responsible for implementing and then maintaining the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. In addition to configuring and maintaining devices by using Azure IoT services and other Microsoft tools, the IoT Developer also sets up the physical devices and is responsible for maintaining the devices throughout the life cycle. The IoT Developer implements designs for IoT solutions, including device topology, connectivity, debugging and security. For Edge device scenarios, the IoT Developer also deploys compute/containers and configures device networking, which could include various edge gateway implementations. The IoT Developer implements designs for solutions to manage data pipelines, including monitoring and data transformation as it relates to IoT. The IoT Developer works with data engineers and other stakeholders to ensure successful business integration.
What You'll Learn
- Create, configure and manage an Azure IoT hub
- Provision devices by using IoT Hub and DPS, including provisioning at scale
- Establish secure 2-way communication between devices and IoT Hub
- Implement message processing by using IoT Hub routing and Azure Stream Analytics
- Configure the connection to Time Series Insights and support business integration requirements
- Implement IoT Edge scenarios using marketplace modules and various edge gateway patterns
- Implement IoT Edge scenarios that require developing and deploying custom modules and containers
- Implement device management using device twins and direct methods
- Implement solution monitoring, logging and diagnostics testing
- Recognize and address security concerns and implement Azure Security Center for IoT
- Build an IoT Solution by using Azure IoT Central and recognize SaaS opportunities for IoT
*Request Detailed Syllabus
Related Links: Microsoft Certified: Azure IoT Developer Specialty
- Course Number AZ-220
- Course Length 4 days
- Course Fee $2,395.00
- Delivery Format VLT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Certification
- Vendor Microsoft
- Technology Azure
Register for course: AZ-220
"*" indicates required fields