These days, most people take electronic word processing for granted. While we may still write out our grocery lists with pen and paper, we expect to use a computer to create the majority of our documents. It's impossible to avoid word-processing software in many areas of the business world. Managers, lawyers, clerks, reporters and editors rely on this software to do their jobs. Whether a executive secretary, or a website designer, the need to know the ins and outs of electronic word processing is critical!
This 1-day instructor-led course is designed to help participants move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy...and even fun! Students learn how to use Word on the desktop to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents.
Note: Most Office users perform the majority of their daily tasks using the desktop version of the Office software, so that is the focus of this training. The course material will also enable you to access and effectively utilize many web-based resources provided with your Microsoft 365 subscription. This includes brief coverage of key skills for using Word for the Web and OneDrive. Helpful notes throughout the material alert you to cases where the online version of the application may function differently from the primary, desktop version. Additionally, to ensure success, learners should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start and close applications, navigate basic file structures, manage files and folders and access websites using a web browser.
This course may be a useful component in your preparation for the Microsoft Word (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019): Exam MO-100 and Microsoft Word Expert (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019): Exam MO-101 certification exams.
This course is intended for those with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and who need to learn foundational Word skills, such as creating, editing and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
What You'll Learn
- Navigate and perform common tasks such as opening, viewing, editing, saving and printing documents as well as configuring the application
- Format text and paragraphs
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter and Styles
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles
- Create and format tables
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures and clip art
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers and page layout
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability and accessibility
- Course Number M91141
- Course Length 1 day
- Course Fee $275.00
- Delivery Format vILT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Desktop Application
- Vendor Microsoft
- Technology Word
Need a different date? This course is also offered on these dates
Register for course: M91141
"*" indicates required fields