Special 3-day; 12p-4:30p format
In this 2 days instructor-led course participants will learn to map business processes easily and efficiently using examples and industry practices. Students will learn the best practices in process mapping using the latest industry standards so that both the business and IT stakeholders will be able to understand the models and map processes consistently throughout an organization. Note: this course is aimed at people who are practicing Business Analysts or who have had previous Business Analysis training. Also see the BA01 Business Analysis Essentials course to review recommended prerequisite skills.
Traditional business/system modeling practices are rife with miscommunication, vague definitions, and needless complexity. BPMN is the standard that overcomes these challenges, from executive stakeholders to deep technical engineers.
Most business and technical stakeholders are vividly aware that, in order to come up with good solutions, we need to be able to describe, understand, and communicate our organizations' business processes, end-to-end and top-to-bottom. Yet, despite decades of flowcharting-talk and uncounted number of Visio diagrams, we are still struggling with this challenge. Without doubt, this is a major contributor to projects that fail to deliver (e.g. cancelled, over schedule and/or budget, products of poor quality or that include either only a fraction of the required functionality or functionality that nobody ever uses).
In the last couple of years, more and more organizations have adopted a new standard: Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN). By now, a de-facto standard for business process modeling, BPMN enables bridging the communication gap between business and technical people by providing an effective, efficient, and flexible way to capture, model, analyze, and design business processes, in a way that is easily understood by all interested parties.
Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business and IT stakeholders working with analysts.
What You'll Learn
- Bridge the communication gap between business and IT
- Enable process collaboration and accountability
- Create high-level (whole-picture) models that describe an organization's end-to-end processes
- Design and optimize processes, by progressively elaborating high-level models (Descriptive level) into hierarchical and more detailed process models (Analytical level)
- Streamline process and requirements documentation by using the same notation and syntax to capture processes at all stages of the SDLC
- Enhance knowledge management (creating, sharing, training, reuse, etc.) by eliminating the need to duplicate and/or translate process definitions
- Increase productivity by enabling process engineers to elaborate Analytical models into Executable models (rather than starting from scratch each time)
- Enable scope management and prioritizationg
- Facilitate adoption/customization of BPM/BPMN/BPMS tools
- Enable process simulations to validate and optimize business processes (e.g. process & cycle times, costs, resource utilization, etc.)
- Course Number BA05
- Course Length 3 days
- Course Fee $1,295.00
- Delivery Format VLT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Business Analysis, Process and Requirements
- Vendor International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
Need a different date? This course is also offered on these dates
|Date||Course ID||Course Name||Duration||Delivery Format||Registration|
|03/29/2023||BA05||Process Modeling Using BPMN (BA05)||3 days||VLT||Register|
Register for course: BA05
"*" indicates required fields