Amazon EKS makes it easy to run Kubernetes on AWS without needing to install, operate and maintain your own Kubernetes control plane. In this 3-day instructor-led course participants will learn container management and orchestration for Kubernetes using Amazon EKS. Students will build an Amazon EKS cluster, configure the environment, deploy the cluster and then add applications to your cluster. Participants will manage container images using Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) and learn how to automate application deployment and will deploy applications using CI/CD tools. Students will also learn how to monitor and scale their environment by using metrics, logging, tracing and horizontal/vertical scaling. Students will learn how to design and manage a large container environment by designing for efficiency, cost and resiliency. They will also configure AWS networking services to support the cluster and learn how to secure your Amazon EKS environment. Note: it is recommended that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Basic Linux administration experience
- Basic network administration experience
- Basic knowledge of containers and Kubernetes
- Completed the free online course Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) Primer
- Ideally, completed an AWS Associate-level certification or have equivalent experience
- At a bare minimum, the equivalent knowledge gained by attending the AWS Technical Essentials course
Those who will provide container orchestration management in the AWS Cloud including DevOps engineers and Systems administrators.
What You'll Learn
- Review and examine containers, Kubernetes and Amazon EKS fundamentals and the impact of containers on workflows.
- Build an Amazon EKS cluster by selecting the correct compute resources to support worker nodes.
- Secure your environment with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) authentication by creating an Amazon EKS service role for your cluster
- Deploy an application on the cluster. Publish container images to ECR and secure access via IAM policy.
- Automate and deploy applications, examine automation tools and pipelines. Create a GitOps pipeline using WeaveFlux.
- Collect monitoring data through metrics, logs, tracing with AWS X-Ray and identify metrics for performance tuning. Review scenarios where bottlenecks require the best scaling approach using horizontal or vertical scaling.
- Assess the tradeoffs between efficiency, resiliency, and cost and impact for tuning one over the other. Describe and outline a holistic, iterative approach to optimizing your environment. Design for cost, efficiency and resiliency.
- Configure the AWS networking services to support the cluster. Describe how EKS/Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) functions and simplifies inter-node communications. Describe the function of VPC Container Network Interface (CNI). Review the benefits of a service mesh.
- Upgrade your Kubernetes, Amazon EKS and third party tools.
- Course Number AWS-EKS
- Course Length 3 days
- Course Fee $2,025.00
- Delivery Format vILT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Business Analysis, Process and Requirements
- Vendor Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Technology AWS Cloud
Register for course: AWS-EKS
"*" indicates required fields