This 3-day instructor-led course is about writing TSQL queries for the purpose of database reporting, analysis, and business intelligence. Specifically this course presents TSQL within the context of data analysis making meaning from data rather than transaction-oriented data-tier application development. The course starts with a brief discussion of levels of measurement and quantitative research methodology and integrates these concepts into each TSQL topic presented. The goal is to provide a consistent, direct and purposeful learning path for RDBMS data retrieval for use in analytical tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerBI, R...and Excel.
This course is intended for information workers and data science professionals who seek to use database reporting and analysis tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, Power BI, R, SAS and other business intelligence tools, and wish to use TSQL queries to efficiently retrieve data sets from Microsoft SQL Server relational databases for use with these tools.
What You'll Learn
- Identify independent and dependent variables and measurement levels in their own analytical work scenarios.
- Identify variables of interest in relational database tables.
- Choose a data aggregation level and data set design appropriate for the intended analysis and tool.
- Use TSQL SELECT queries to produce ready-to-use data sets for analysis in tools such as PowerBI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, R, SAS, SPSS, and others.
- Create stored procedures, views, and functions to modularize data retrieval code.
- Course Number M55232
- Course Length 3 days
- Course Fee $1,775.00
- Delivery Format VLT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Business Intelligence
- Vendor Microsoft
- Technology Excel
Need a different date? This course is also offered on these dates
|Date||Course ID||Course Name||Duration||Delivery Format||Registration|
|08/10/2020||M55232||Writing Analytical Queries for Business Intelligence||3 days||VLT||Register|