Apply an agile approach to your projects to successfully deliver value to your clients! As more organizations are moving to agile delivery, it is becoming increasingly important for business analysis professionals to understand how to adapt their current skills to support different delivery frameworks. Even when organizations have not fully embraced agile, research shows that many teams are embracing ‘some’ agile practices. Traditional waterfall business analysis skills are still important, but so is professionally developing to understand how to adapt your processes and skills as delivery frameworks evolve. Project success is dependent on effective business analysis, therefore business analysis professionals must continue to evolve their skillsets to keep up with the needs and expectations of agile teams. Many traditional project teams run into trouble when they try to define all of the requirements up front. The reality is that stakeholders often cannot articulate their requirements and the best design is not known until some prototypes are built. Every project and program can benefit from adopting some agile practices.
In this 2-day instructor-led course participants will develop your understanding of agile business analysis and the role of the business analyst on an agile team. Students will learn how business analysis on an agile project is ‘the same’ and ‘different’ than business analysis performed on waterfall projects. Participants will understand how the business analysis role changes on an agile team. A number of business analysis techniques suited for supporting agile teams will be introduced as will the various standards available to the community to help teams and organizations transition. Since few organizations are pure agile, students will also learn about delivery approaches that use a combination of practices from waterfall and agile and will also be introduced to the important concept of business analysis tailoring – the key skill used to adapt business analysis skills to all environments – regardless of the delivery life cycle selected! Note: this course is suitable for novice and experienced practitioners who are responsible for business analysis activities on projects using iterative or adaptive (agile) delivery methods. It is recommended that participants complete the BA01 Business Analysis Essentials course prior to enrolling or have equivalent experience.
Anyone with the need to understand how business analysis is performed to support agile projects or who must transition their existing business analysis skills and practices from waterfall to agile.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the fundamentals of agile delivery and agile business analysis
- Compare and contrast business analysis on waterfall and agile projects
- Explain the value proposition for agile product development
- Define the 4 main types of project life cycles
- Complete an in-depth walkthrough of the agile delivery life cycle
- Explain the major flavors of agile
- Understand the major standards available to assist in the transition of skills
- Define business analysis tailoring and understand how to apply it
- Learn over 20 business analysis techniques commonly used on agile projects
- Course Number BA08
- Course Length 2 days
- Course Fee $1,395.00
- Delivery Format VLT (Instructor Led; Virtual LIVE Online; Remote Training)
- Course Topic Agile/Scrum
- Vendor International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
Need a different date? This course is also offered on these dates
Register for course: BA08
"*" indicates required fields